Deliver a high-impact experience by showcasing your brand message on the front of Spotify’s Desktop Homepage for 24 hours. Homepage Takeover is clickable and supports rich media, enabling brands to include interactive elements to further capture attention.
Component 1: Background Image Asset
Image Dimensions: 1200x270
File Type: JPG
Max File Size: 1 MB
3rd Party Tracking: Click Command and 1x1 pixel only. All third-party tags and tracking URLs need to be in https format.
Animation: Not supported. All animations must be inside the Interactive Area.
Additional Requirements: Must be Spotify hosted. Background Image Asset is mandatory for all campaigns.
Component 2: Interactive Area
Image Dimensions: 800x235
Animation: File Type: HTML5
Notes: Flash is not supported by Spotify applications.
Video: File Type: .webm or .ogv format
Notes: Video autoplay is permitted on silent.
HTML5 players are required for any video and meet these criteria:
Max File Size: 25MB
Max Video Weight: 20MB
File Type: .ogg format
Notes: Video autoplay is permitted on silent; must include Play, Stop, and Volume controls so user can initiate sound by clicking.
Volume: RMS normalized to -14 dBFS.
Peak normalized to -0.2 dBFS.
Clickthrough URL: Must open in new browser.
URLs should direct to https destinations only.
• Must be 3rd Party hosted
• Interactive Area floats on the background and must fit within the 1200x270 background image.
• Please keep key branding elements inside the interactive area, as the background image may not display for users with smaller screens.
• Do not brand in top right corner as this area will be covered by a “Sponsored" button.
• Any creative with an Interactive Area (e.g. rich media) must provide a fallback image.
• Animation or videos cannot exceed 40% of a user's CPU. Common causes of high CPU use are continued animation & heavy animation sequences.
• Maximum recommended animation/video length is 30 seconds.
• Any creative with audio or video must also include Play, Stop and Volume controls; audio must be turned off by default.
• No hover effects allowed.
We want you to get the most out of your advertising budget. With that in mind, we ask that you adhere to a few simple performance guidelines when creating your content.
Don’t animate inefficient CSS properties. As a rule of thumb, only animate hardware-accelerated properties: transform, scale, rotation and opacity. Anything else, such as box-shadow, will usually perform much less efficiently when animated, causing high CPU load and low FPS.
Avoid jQuery animations wherever possible. Functionality such as fadeIn() and fadeOut() is more efficiently implemented as an opacity animation, for example.
Test your performance. As a bare minimum, take a look at your Activity Monitor app and check the CPU usage of your Chrome process while running your ad. Ideally, fire up the Chrome DevTools and look for paint bottlenecks as well.
Spotify reserves the right to remove any ad found to be degrading our application’s performance without warning.