Fan targeting allows you to use Spotify's proprietary streaming data to target known fans of an artist you're promoting or fans of other artists. Here's how:
- To identify fans of an artist, we analyze recent listening behavior along with other identifiers such as playlist adds and follows.
- If you're a music advertiser who is promoting an artist or event, you can target fans of the specific artist you're promoting or fans of other artists.
- Select artist(s) in the Ad Studio interface under the fans header as you're defining your target audience.
We'll deliver your targeted message to fans of the artist(s) you selected.
Note: When running a campaign to promote an artist or a music event (e.g. concert or festival), your ad creative can only mention and feature the specific artist or event you are promoting.
- A label can use an artist's track, image, and name in an ad promoting that artist
- A promoter can use an artist's track, image, and name in an ad promoting an event where that artist is billed as a performer
Be sure to only feature the specific artist(s) you're promoting in your ad. We won't be able to approve ads that feature or mention other artists.