Video ad creative
Video ads on Spotify Ad Studio are served to users on mobile or desktop when the Spotify app is in focus. Your video message is served to listeners during commercial ad breaks, and includes a clickable companion image and the call-to-action of your choice. If you don’t have an image for your ad, you can select one from our library of companion images that we have created for you to use.
On desktop devices, your companion image is shown alongside your video ad. On mobile devices, it will be displayed on the lock screen if a listener locks their device while your video ad is playing.
Keep in mind that only one ad format, audio or video, can be selected for each ad set.
Specs to keep in mind
- Length: 30 seconds or less
- File types: MOV, MP4
- Max file size: 500MB
- Aspect ratio: 9x16 (vertical), 16x9 (horizontal)
- Quality: HD 720x1280 or similar - Volume: RMS normalized to -14 dBFS; Peak normalized to -0.2 dBFS
- All files must include sound — no silent videos will be accepted
- Dimensions: Square, at least 640 x 640 pixels
- File type: JPEG or PNG
- Max file size: 200KB
More ad creation help:
- Ads overview
- Promotion type
- Scheduling ad delivery and rotation
- Setting a custom frequency cap
- Audio ad creative
- Setting a call-to-action
- Using audio creative tools
- Revising your audio ad
- Ad approval