Scheduling ad delivery and rotation
By default, ad sets start and end at midnight on the dates selected. To start or end your ad set at a specific time, use the time fields when setting your schedule and budget to choose your preferred times. If the ads within the ad set are approved after the start date, the ad set will start once at least one ad is approved. All times will be set in the local time zone you're in when building your ad set.
You also have the ability to adjust the delivery of the ads within an ad set by selecting from the ad rotation settings below:
- Even: The ads within the ad set will rotate evenly and randomly.
- For example: If you select even rotation for an ad set with 3 ads, this means the 3 ads will be delivered evenly over the course of the ad set flight dates. Ad 1 may serve twice before Ad 2 or Ad 3 is delivered, but all ads will be delivered approximately the same number of times over the course of the ad set flight dates.
- Sequential: The ads within the ad set will be delivered in the specified order to each individual Spotify listener. This enables structured storyboarding that allows you to display a set of creatives to a listener in a specific sequence. In ad sets using sequential rotation, the first ad will receive the greatest distribution, with each subsequent ad being served less often than the ad that came before it. This is because not all listeners will have consistent listening behavior and may stop listening before all ads within the ad set have been served. Once the sequence is complete, it will repeat until the ad set stops delivering or a different rotation setting is selected.
- For example: If you select sequential rotation for an ad set with a set of 3 ads arranged in order from Ad 1 to Ad 3, this means a listener will first receive Ad 1, followed by Ad 2, and then finally Ad 3. In their next listening session, the listener will receive Ad 1 again and the sequence will restart.
- Weighted: The ads within the ad set will rotate based on the specified weighting for each ad. The weights for the ads within an ad set must add up to exactly 100%.
- For example: If you select weighted rotation for an ad set with 3 ads allocated such that Ad 1 is weighted 20%, Ad 2 is weighted 30%, and Ad 3 is weighted 50%, this means Ad 1 will be served 20% of the time, Ad 2 will be served 30% of the time, and Ad 4 will be served 50% of the time over the course of the ad set flight dates.
Note that the ad rotation setting will reset when a new ad is added to an ad set and will need to be reselected.
To select an ad rotation setting for an ad set you will first need to create and submit the campaign. You can then select an ad rotation setting by navigating to the ads tab of the dashboard, then selecting edit ad rotation in the top right-hand corner.
More ad creation help:
- Ads overview
- Promotion type
- Audio ad creative
- Video ad creative
- Setting a call-to-action
- Using audio creative tools
- Revising your audio ad
- Ad approval