Why is the amount I spent different from the budget I set?
If you are based in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada or New Zealand, you're only charged each time the ad actually plays. This means the total amount spent might be less than the original budget set. This may occur if the targeted audience is too small to spend the full budget (e.g. if you've selected a very specific location or selected both Genre and Fan targeting). You’ll never be charged more than the original budget set.
If you’re based in Australia, Spotify users have the option to skip your ad or listen through to completion. You’re only charged when a user listens to the ad to completion. Based on your targeting parameters, Ad Studio will attempt to spend your budget in full. This spend amount may be slightly less than your budget due to the amount of users in your target audience that skipped your ad.
More help troubleshooting:
- Why wasn’t my ad approved?
- Why were my edits rejected?
- Does my ad stay paused if my edits get rejected?
- Can I target by language?
- Can I use interest, real-time context, genre, and fan base targeting all together?
- Why have my ads been paused?
- What do I do if I forgot my password?
- What if I receive errors when inputting my credit card?
- What if I have issues with invoices?
- What if there are differences in the amount on my invoices versus my Ad Studio account?
- Why are previously targetable locations now unavailable?
- Other questions?